I spent some time messing around with some energy drink cans over the weekend, making alcohol stoves out of them. Being the tinkerer that I am, rather than following plans known to work, I did a little research to get the basic ideas of what needed to happen, and then started experimenting.
The first stove I made was made from an aluminum energy drink bottle, similar to a Venom bottle but from some other company whose name escapes me at the moment. This was to be a prototype before I go and hack up the really nice, thick walled Realtree Energy Drink bottle that was given to me to try. The stove is similar in construction to this one. It got 1 cup of water boiling in my GSI cup in about 4 minutes and now that I’ve prototyped it on the flimsy bottle, I know what I need to do for the Realtree bottle.
The second stove I made was from a Monster Energy Drink can. It was just your basic self-priming soda can design, similar to this. This one worked well but didn’t boil the water quite as fast as the other.
You can look forward to some video on the Realtree stove when I get it put together and working.